This summer try this rich and creamy delicious milk shake to cool off your mind and body.
Try this recipe with Sharbat Rehan and enjoy the amazing health benefits of Basil (Tulsi)-
- Boots the immune system.
- It helps relieve stress and head aches.
- It shows great results in treating constipation, indigestion, and heartburn.
- Basil helps in purifying blood and detoxifying the body.
1) Falooda recipe with Sharbat Rehan
- Skim milk or Whole Milk – 2 cups
- Vanilla ice cream- 2 scoops + 2 scoops while serving
- Cardamom powder- 2 pinches
- Sharbat Rehan- 4 tbsp
- Vermicelli, broken into 2 inch strands- ½ cup ( or use falooda sev)
- Basil Seeds – 2 tbsp
- Coarsely ground Pistachios – 1 tbsp
- To begin with take basil seeds in ½ cup water and soak for 20 minutes or until it has plumed up. Strain the water and keep the plumped up seeds aside.
- Boil vermicelli in water till they turn soft, strain out the water and keep the cooked vermicelli aside.
- Now in a saucepan, heat 2 cups of milk, add cardamom powder and Sharbat Rehan and let it come to a boil.
- Remove the pan from the heat, add cooked vermicelli and combine the two, stir well but lightly to avoid any lumps.
- Add the soaked, plumped up basil seeds and 2 scoops of ice cream to the milk and mix well.
- Chill the flavored milk in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to serve, add 2 more scoops of ice cream to a glass, pour the chilled milk over the ice cream making sure to add the vermicelli and basil seeds to the glass.
- Top the milkshake with 1 tbsp of coarsely ground pistachios and serve immediately.
- Add some dry fruits for topping.
This delicious recipe can be made ahead of time and chilled, actually tastes better the next day.